July 25, 2014

Ipsy Unbagging | July 2014 - Sensationally Sunkissed

Another Ipsy bag! Since I got my June bag so late, this unbagging seems like it's coming especially quick. 

This month's theme was "Sensationally Sunkissed", and I thought the products fit the theme well. 

Once again, I'll be starting with my least favorite items. First up was this Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil. This product is just something I would never use. Not only am I rarely out in the sun for extended periods of time, I also burn easily and would always choose normal sunscreen over this. And, if I were to use a tanner, I would choose a cream version over an oil. Probably a good product, just not for me. :[ A full size of this product is $11.99 on the Hang Ten website.  

Another item I wasn't especially thrilled about was a Befine Daily Moisturizer. Moisturizer is the kind of thing that I tend to have the mindset of 'stick to what you know'. I do, though, like having these around as an emergency backup, and for travel - so it won't go to waste! This was one of the pricier products in this months bag, at $24.99 for a 1.7oz bottle, which is only .2oz more than this one. 

The final three items in this months bag are probably tied for my favorite, the first of which being this Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink. The color is showing brighter in the picture than it actually is - it's more of a soft, clear pink. I love chubby pencil lip products, and the size of this one is perfect for a purse. This is the only product in this mont's bag that I've actually tried, & "brilliance balm" is a great name. It's very shiny (without glitter) and feels good on the lips. A full size of this product is priced at $14. 

The next product was this BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow in Divine Wine. I was a little bit disappointed that I got the cream eyeshadow and not the duo, but I can't complain about getting BareMinerals in my Ipsy bag! The color is much too dark for me to use this on it's own as an everyday shadow, but it may be useful as a base for smokier looks. A full size retails for $18 on the Bare Escentuals website.

Last but not least, I received a wHet nail polish in Facetious. I am never disappointed when I get nail polish in my Ipsy bags - I lovelovelove trying new brands and colors. Blue polish is my absolute favorite, so I really love the cobalt blue shade of this & I can't wait to try it on! These retail for $15 on the wHet website. 

Not the best bag I've ever received, but 3 out of 5 isn't bad - and something I forgot to mention in my last unbagging was the incredible value of these bags. The nail polish & moisturizer alone add up to $40 - and you only pay $10/month! So awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment