July 26, 2014

Haul: Drugstore & Discount Makeup

So my apartment is putting new windows into all of the buildings this summer, and yesterday was my turn! As a result, I spent the day out and about. I got some work done, had lunch with a friend, & did some shopping. 

I got a lot of random home goods, my favorite of which was a wooden pumpkin-shaped 'Welcome!' sign for my front door - but I also got some beauty products.

Most of this haul was from a discount grocery store in my area called Grocery Outlet. Once in awhile they have some really good stuff in there at really low prices. This time around, the best deal I found was Essie nail polishes for $2.99 each! I had to exercise some serious restraint to keep from buying them all. 

I'm loving the bright summer shades and I'm glad there are a couple more months to enjoy them!

The other products I got were ones I either already knew I loved or just wanted to try for the heck of it. I love buying makeup on discount/clearance because it's such an affordable way to try new things, with the only downside being that sometimes it's a discontinued item & you risk falling in love with something you can never get again!

I also got a couple Revlon Lip Butters in the shades Tutti Frutti & Wild Watermelon. I've never been a huge fan of the lip butter's but I decided I needed to give them another shot and I wanted to get some fun summer colors. Ulta was having a buy one, get one 50% off sale & I had a coupon for $5 off a $10 purchase, so I got a really great deal on them & I look forward to trying them out this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment