July 11, 2014

Ipsy Unbagging | June 2014 - Pretty in Paradise


Ipsy is a super awesome subscription service for beauty products. It costs $10/month and you get 5-6 products in a cute makeup bag every month. Usually the products in the bag are worth way more than $10 and it's a fun, inexpensive way to try some new things and get your makeup fix. 

After the first bag Ipsy sent for June got lost in the mail after I moved, they were kind enough to resend it and I finally received it yesterday! I was really excited about this bag because of the Nyx Butter Gloss, but I loved just about everything else in the bag too!


Let's start with the products I liked the least - first of which being the eyebrow pencil. This is an OFRA universal eyebrow & eyeliner pencil - universal meaning that it should work for everyone. Unfortunately, the color is far too dark for my brows because I have super blonde eyebrows, but I might get some use out of it as eyeliner. This retails for $13 on the OFRA website, which means this one item already pays for the price of the bag!


The next item is a Realtree for her perfume. The website says that it is "sweet, bright, & irresistable". I actually really like how this smells and the deluxe sample size is great for a purse or school bag, but I don't usually switch up my perfume so I'm not sure how much use I will be getting out of it. The travel size retails for $6.99 and the full size retails for $24.99.


The next item is a hair product by Carols Daughter. I normally wouldn't be very excited about hair stuff but this happens to be a blow dry cream which is the only kind of product I use in my hair! I haven't been able to try it yet, but I'm looking forward to it - so far I've only seen really good reviews. This product retails for $12 for a 3oz bottle on the Carols Daughter website [the one included in the Ipsy bag was .5oz]. 


Now we're onto the stuff I really LOVED in this bag! This shimmer eyeliner from Nicka K in blue is so beautiful. It's an opaque, sparkly turquoise color, and it seems to have really great staying power. I haven't worn it on my eyes yet, but I swatched in on my hand as soon as I opened my bag and it wouldn't budge when I tried to remove it with a wet tissue. I really like the applicator because it isn't a brush that has bristles that can separate - instead, it has a stiff but flexible rubber applicator that makes it easy to get a straight, thin line. Overall, I really love this eyeliner & I can't wait to wear it. It retails for $4.99 on the Nicka K website and there are 14 colors to choose from.


Last but not least, I received a Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair. It's a beautiful, soft rosy pink color that I think would work on many skin tones. Surprisingly, I've never tried these glosses but have been considering purchasing one, so this was great timing! Absolutely my favorite product from this month's Ipsy bag, and it retails for $5.00 on the Nyx site. 


Really great bag this month, even if it was a little late getting to me. Can't wait to get my July Ipsy bag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment