July 9, 2014

Parental visit | The beautiful Oregon coast

My parents came for a visit last week and were only here for a few days, so we tried to make the most of it. We didn't do much to celebrate Independence Day itself, but we did spend some time soaking up the ocean air in Newport!

I blindly took a bunch of pictures with my phone [the sun was SO bright!] and was surprised by how beautifully they turned out. We specifically went to see the Yaquina Head lighthouse because my dad has always wanted to visit a lighthouse.






It was a gorgeous day, and it was actually warm. I don't think I've spent a day on the Pacific ocean that wasn't either super cold or super windy or super foggy or... super something. It was perfect!


Other than our day on the coast, my parents visit was pretty uneventful. My parents are a lot like me in that they enjoy spending most of their time at home, relaxing. We put the finishing touches on my apartment, which was so nice since I've been living here for a month now. I'll have to do a post with pictures, because it's so wonderful in here now that it's fully organized and decorated. By far my favorite apartment of all the ones I've lived in - I finally feel like an adult!


No comments:

Post a Comment